Sunday, November 9, 2008

THANK YOU!

I went to bed, after hanging out with ROCK ON LOMBARD folks for three hours at First Friday and thought, "I'm so glad we did that!" It's so neat to see the incredible things people are doing with their lives, hear them talk about their faith and see people who have never met be so friendly and welcoming. It really was awesome....and this is not just some plug for FIRST FRIDAY, but I wish more people got to experience this little glimpse of "doing life together."
In the last two years, through PADS and ROCK ON LOMBARD stuff, I've gotten the chance to meet a ton of awesome people. And I am so thankful for that! I'm starting to see what God was talking about in Acts 2 when the believers hung out all the time and shared everything. It says, "amazing things happened" and there is no doubt that I've been priveleged to witness some of those things right here in Lombard! So, thanks! You guys really do make this a great place to live.