Wednesday, February 27, 2008

IT AINT ALL SUNNY

Here I am sitting on a bench, looking at palm trees and basking in the 85 degree sunshine.....That was Sunday! By Tuesday, I watched in horror as I forgot that my wipers were left on, and all the snow that had accumulated overnight on my windshield was now in the driver's seat.
I just talked to a woman yesterday who said, "I definitely have the winter blues." I'm sure all of us in Lombard do to some extent. What did Jesus say, "Even sinners find joy in the summer." (OK, he never said that). But, let's push ourselves - let's be the kind of people that see the positives in the 3rd worst winter of the last 100 years (This is our third highest snow total). Let's be the kind of people that all of Lombard will say, "What makes them so happy?"
Here's my challenge: Let's put on a smile for everyone we meet today. It may be cold and snowy on the outside, but we're warm and sunny on the inside.