Wednesday, January 23, 2008

PROVE IT!

I have been reading the Beatitudes (I thought it was the Sermon on the Mount, but I guess I was wrong). Jesus says stuff like, "Love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you." Oh, that's not it. He goes on! "If anyone demands your coat, give them your shirt also." Jesus is calling us to some radical stuff - He's saying, "I don't care who you run into at Ultra. I don't care who is waiting on you at the Grove. I want you to love!!!" Jesus wants us to be proactive with our love - to decide when we get up every morning that we desire the heart that Jesus had.
So, you say you're a Christian "Little Christ"? Prove! Find the nasiest person you can in Lombard and give them an encouraging word - not because they've earned it, but because you are a loving follower of Christ in Lombard!